9 Best Running Shorts for Men of 2022December 27, 2021
Are you on the lookout for the best running shorts men’s? The degree of comfort provided by your clothing is one of the primary aspects that may make or break your endurance during a lengthy run session. Poor-performing shorts take away your attention and affect your running performance, whether it’s accumulated perspiration that weighs you down, chafing owing to poor fabric quality, or continually having to readjust your shorts due to a lousy fit.
Hence, you’ll want to invest in running shorts constructed from high-quality fabrics that are both breathable and pleasant against your skin.
Whether you’re looking for the greatest or just a good pair that won’t break the bank, here are some of the top men’s running shorts for 2021 that have a great fit and are meant to let you focus on your running rather than what you’re wearing.
- 1 Here is our pick for the Best Running Shorts
- 1.1 Nike Flex Stride 7″
- 1.2 On Lightwear Short
- 1.3 New Balance Impact Run 7″
- 1.4 Patagonia Spider Pro
- 1.5 Brooks Sherpa 5″
- 1.6 Asics Fietro 2-in-1 Short
- 1.7 Rabbit FKT 5″ Short
- 1.8 SAXX Kinetic 2-N-1 Sport Shorts
- 2 Craft Essential 5″ Running Shorts
- 3 Running Shorts Buying Guide
- 3.1 Does the gender of running shorts matter?
- 3.2 Types of Running Shorts:
- 3.3 Any additional Features to Consider?
- 3.4 Is there a perfect length for running shorts?
- 4 Also Read
Here is our pick for the Best Running Shorts
Nike Flex Stride 7″
Price: $41.98 – $121.88
Support that is soft and breathable i.e. built for movement. The Nike Flex Stride Shorts have been upgraded with a new woven fabric that allows for more ventilation in high-sweat zones. Their silky short lining gives you comfortable support where you need it the most. At least 50% of the polyester fibres in this product are recycled.
Soft and lightweight. The woven fabric pattern is light and airy, ensuring your comfort. Improved airflow in the back keeps you cool where you need it most.
Storage is simple. A zippered pocket in the back keeps your electrical gadget safe. Small things may be stored in side pockets and a drop-in pocket on the short lining.
Support with No Distractions. A slim waistline has been adjusted to provide distraction-free support. It has a dual-function drawcord that may be worn on the inside or outside.
- The Nike Flex fabric moves with you as you move.
- Dri-FIT technology keeps you dry and comfortable throughout the day.
- A stretchy, lightweight design constructed of recycled woven cloth.
- Improved airflow in the back keeps you cool where you need it most.
- A zipped compartment on the back of the bag keeps your mobile gadget safe.
- Small things for storing in side pockets and a drop-in pocket on the lining.
- Distractions are kept to a minimum thanks to an improved slim waistline.
- It has a dual-function drawcord that may be worn on the inside or outside.
- The Nike Flex fabric moves with you as you move.
- You’ll remain dry and comfortable thanks to Dri-FIT technology.
- The gusset has been moulded with a 2-in-1 liner for a perfect fit.
- For an uncomplicated feel and casual wear, choose a standard fit.
- Reflective 7″ inseam with breathable knit lining Swoosh at the left leg and reflective features at the side hems
- Bars that reflect light
- Colors with a hint of warmth: Shorts are made entirely of polyester. Panel is made up of 94% polyester and 6% spandex. 66 percent nylon, 34 percent spandex waistband. Lining: 89 percent recycled polyester/11 percent spandex, tight/tight center front.
- Colors in solids: Shorts are made entirely of recycled polyester. Panel is made up of 94% polyester and 6% spandex. 66 percent nylon, 34 percent spandex waistband. Lining: 89 percent recycled polyester/11 percent spandex, tight/tight center front.
- Depending on the manufacturing, material percentages may vary. Actual content should be checked on the label.
On Lightwear Short
Because f its comfort, We found ourselves wearing the On Lightweight Shorts all day, even after we completed our run. The waistline is outstanding, and it is the nicest we’ve seen. The shorts lining provided support while also allowing for all-day breathability. These are the only shorts we examined that don’t have a zipper, and they have one of the most innovative phone pocket designs. The foldable pocket not only had the least bounce of all the pockets we examined, but it also makes it simple to monitor your route or take a few short snaps.
The main drawbacks to this model are the higher price tag and the unavailability of a variant with a 5-inch inseam. Because of the decreased fabric movement and possible chafing, we recommend 5-inch inseams for running, but 7 to 8-inch inseams are often more comfortable for all-day use. Unfortunately, this model lacks hand pockets, which we believe may easily be incorporated without sacrificing comfort. In the future, we hope On releases a 5-inch version of these shorts.
- Lightweight running shorts for everyday use to keep you feeling free.
- Unrestricted mobility is provided by a tear-resistant stretch fabric.
- Long-distance comfort is provided with a sewn-in short.
- Cards, keys, and gels are safely stored in the rear zipper pocket.
- The soft, flexible waistband fabric guarantees a comfortable fit regardless of how you move.
- Sides that are seamless prevent chafing, save weight, and improve movement.
- The waistband has a drawcord to prevent slipping and irritation.
New Balance Impact Run 7″
Price: $13.82 – $50.00
The lightweight men’s New Balance Impact Run 7″ Shorts will keep you relaxed throughout your rigorous workouts. These men’s running shorts include practical design aspects including a comfort-enhancing, sweat-wicking inner brief, easily accessible nutrition pockets, and secure zippered pockets for valuables, making them a fantastic pick for any kind of run.
- The fabric is made up of 86% polyester and 14% spandex.
- Imported Elastic Closure Machine Wash NB DRY fast-drying technology draws moisture away from your body, making it easier to work out.
- Weaved cloth that is soft and airy.
- 7″ inseam Athletic fit created to rise close to the body and skim the hip and thigh – ideal for energetic activity with a comfortable fit.
- Internal drawstring waistband with elastic waistband
- Rear pocket
Patagonia Spider Pro
Price: $29.99 – $35.99
For trail runs and long-distance pursuits, the Patagonia Strider Pro is our top pick. The lining and waistband of this type pleased us, and we liked the outer drawstring clasp, which prevents chafing during long runs. The waistline was comfy and secure, with none of the bunching or sagging that we’ve seen on other versions. This model also has the greatest compartments for carrying all-day kit; they readily carried numerous energy gels and secured a normal iPhone 11 Pro in its zipped pocket. Inseams of 5 and 7 inches are available for this style (we tested the 5-inch inseam model).
The pricing is one of the most costly we examined, which is the only major disadvantage of these shorts. We believe that drying times might be improved in the future, but we also recognise the requirement for moisture-wicking in a timely manner. While you won’t want to wear it all day if you’re not running, we believe it’s our favourite trail and long-distance short.
- The Specifications
- Body Material: 1.9-oz 100% recycled polyester stretch ripstop with a DWR finish Weight: 3.7 oz / 105 g
- Material: 2.7-oz crepe made of 100% polyester (42 percent recycled) with HeiQ Fresh odour control.
- 3-oz. pocket material Woven with a DWR finish from 89 percent recycled polyester and 11 percent spandex.
- Drawcord at waist
- 5 in (12.7 cm) inseam
- 4 hip pockets, 1 zippered back pocket
- Yes, you can split your legs.
- Smolder Blue, Industrial Green, Andes Blue, Mango, and Black are some of the colours available.
- Vietnam is the country of origin.
- XS, S, M, L, XL are the sizes available.
- $69 MSRP
Brooks Sherpa 5″
Price: $67.95 – $146.29
With a 2-in-1 liner system that balances just-right covering with the flexibility to move, the Sherpa 5-inch men’s 2-in-1 shorts provide distraction-free comfort and a stay-put fit on the go. There are several storage choices to keep things close at hand.
- Elastic waistline with drawcord for stretch
- Each side has an angled envelop pocket.
- Mesh short lining that wicks sweat and has an inside secure pocket
- Retro-reflectivity on the front and sides
- Inseam: 5″
- Mid-rise, semi-fitted
- Cloth: DriLayer 100 percent polyester / 50 percent Plus bluesign fabric
Asics Fietro 2-in-1 Short
Price: $57.61 – $63.80
ASICS men’s shoes Fietro 2-in-1 Short is a solid, traditional running short for all distances. For better visibility in low-light situations, this pair of shorts has a glowing bar and ASICS logo. These shorts also have a drawcord waist tie for more flexibility, as well as an internal pocket for keeping small items.
The Fietro 2-in-1 Short, the perfect lightweight pair, is a loose-fitting short with above-the-knee coverage that doesn’t hinder your stride. This ASICS short has a built-in liner to keep you comfortable throughout your run and is the ideal training partner.
Rabbit FKT 5″ Short
The FKTs are likely to become your new favorite trail buddies, whether you’re aiming for an FKT, a PR, or simply a nice day in the mountains. The FKT men’s running shorts are designed to be just as tough as you are, with a 5-inch inseam, two side pockets—perfect for stashing a quick snack and taking out your trash—and a back zip pocket big enough to fit most* phones.
- *Pocket measures 6.5 inches by 6.5 inches “Its dimensions are 5.5″ x 4.5″ with a 5.5” opening, thus it won’t fit an iPhone Plus.
- – Our weave is a remarkable blend of 94 percent poly and 6% spandex.
- – Moisture-wicking fabrics that are very light.
- – Comfortable flat waistband with internal drawstring
- – A scratch- and chafe-free rabbitKNIT brief lining
- – 2 “trash” compartments on the sides
- – Key pocket at the back of the short lining
- – A phone may be stored in the rear centre zip pocket
- + 5 “length of inseam (all sizes)
- – Cold machine wash, low tumble dry, no bleach, ok?
SAXX Kinetic 2-N-1 Sport Shorts
Price: $29.99 – $45.99
These black men’s running shorts include an odor-resistant and moisture-wicking lining that’s ideal for rec league runs, fitness workouts, or your next Sunday shoot around. It has a lightweight shell composed of stretch-enhanced sweat wicking fabric. When you’re working out, the liner offers a Semi-Compression fit that fits your body but never restricts you, offering tremendous muscular support.
- Semi-compression Adjust the fit with the drawstring.
- Made for Those who want an athletic short that they can throw on and go. The all-new Sport is the replacement to last season’s Run and has a Kinetic lining. Go ahead and work up a sweat.
- BallPark PouchTM, Three-D FitTM, Flat Out SeamsTM, odor-resistant, on-seam pockets, Kinetic lining, secure zip pocket, reflective detail
- Material Used: Shell Polyester (100 %), Kinetic liner nylon (90%), and a splash of elastane (10%).
- 7″ inseam – 5″ inseam – 1 3/4″ waistband MEASUREMENTS: Shell: 7″ inseam – Liner: 5″ inseam
Craft Essential 5″ Running Shorts
Price: $31.99 – $42.95
- Mesh panels, an inner lining, and reflective designs for increased visibility make these running shorts very comfortable. Bottom has a straight cut. For comfort and to reduce chafing, the waistline is lined with jersey.
- Back pocket with a zipper.
- Mesh panels on the sides and inside leg help to transfer moisture.
- Comfortable flat cord drawstring at waistband
- UPF 50 protection
Running Shorts Buying Guide
Choosing the perfect pair of running shorts might be a problem since there are so many variations.
If you’re new to running, you may want to start with a pair of shorts you currently own. Running shorts, on the other hand, may become more important as your training progresses. They’re a must-have for every runner’s gear collection.
Many different lengths, styles, and patterns are available when it comes to running shorts. If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, sorting through all of them might be a challenging task. What to look for while purchasing running shorts is given out in this guide:
Does the gender of running shorts matter?
Men’s, women’s, and unisex running shorts are all readily available. Run more comfortably with gender-specific characteristics of each model.
Men’s Running Shorts
In general, the inseam of men’s running shorts is longer. A jockstrap isn’t necessary since the built-in liner provides extra thigh support. Due to the inclusion of these features, the garment is more suited to a man’s body type. In addition, they may help alleviate any soreness or chafing that may occur.
Women’s Running Shorts
A better fit for the female waist, hips, and thighs is a primary goal of women’s running shorts. This creates a more user-friendly product. For those with shorter limbs, the inseams are cut a little shorter.
Shorts for both men and women
Men’s and women’s running shorts have been combined into one pair, however the traits that are particular to each gender have been removed. Gender-specific running shorts provide more support and comfort.
Types of Running Shorts:
Running compression shorts are like spandex in that they mould to your body. Muscle support may be provided by their slender design. In terms of flexibility, compression running shorts are the best option. Their absence of moving or loose cloth makes them an excellent option for preventing chafing. Compression shorts come in a variety of lengths to suit a variety of body types.
The V-Notch Shorts
The upside-down V-shape cutout on the side of the leg seam of V-notch shorts is easily recognizable. The majority of runners wear them. Indentations like this one enable runners to move more freely than if there was no indent. Shorts that don’t have a tight fit like compression shorts are better for jogging. Women’s clothing tends to be shorter in length.
Split Running Shorts
Unlike V-notch shorts, the “V” on the sides of split running shorts is not sewed together. Instead, they’re divided and constructed from layers of cloth that overlap. The V-notch shorts are more flexible, but this one is much more so. The length of the split is flexible. As high as the waistline, or as low as a half-inch split, is possible.
Any additional Features to Consider?
You may also search for running shorts with cool features like pockets and reflective graphics.
There are a variety of sizes and shapes to choose from when it comes to shorts pockets. While some may be large enough to accommodate a phone, others may only be big enough to hold a single key. Even zippered compartments are available to further protect the valuables.
Visibility in Low Light
This is a must-have function if you often run in low-light conditions. Safety and visibility may be enhanced by using reflective and brightly coloured clothing during a run.
Is there a perfect length for running shorts?
When it comes to this particular subject, there’s no one-size-fits-all response. This eventually comes down to individual preference.
Short Length Shorts (3-inch)
When it comes to competitive running, shorts that end high on the thigh give the greatest ventilation and range of motion. Their sophisticated structure, lightweight, and non-restrictive cut make them perfect for all-out performance in both sprinting and long-distance road running (such as a marathon).
Medium Length Shorts (5-inch)
You get the best of both worlds by combining the intense competitiveness of the short-short with the robustness of long, medium-length shorts. In terms of versatility, the medium short is the most popular type among runners, and it is great for those who switch between the track and the trail.
Long length Shorts (7-inch)
A longer short is frequently preferable for shorter running distances. These shorts are also ideal for jogging in a variety of weather situations, as well as for off-roading, where you’ll be protected from trash and shrubbery.
However, you must be certain that the material you choose will not trap heat or moisture, causing discomfort. Make sure your performance isn’t hindered by wearing clothing that doesn’t wick away perspiration and has enough ventilation. It is also more common for this form of short to incorporate pockets for fast and easy access storage.