5 Best Vehicles for HuntingOctober 18, 2022
Hunting is a popular pastime for many people. However, in order to be successful, you need to have the right tools for the job—and that includes a good hunting vehicle.
After all, if you can’t get to where the animals are, you’re not going to have much luck bringing any home.
To help you out, we’ve put together a list of five of the best vehicles for hunting.
Whether you’re looking for something that can take you off-road or just something with a lot of cargo space, there’s sure to be something on this list that’s perfect for your needs.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
- 1 1. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- 2 2. Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
- 3 3. Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 4 4. GMC Sierra 1500
- 5 5. Ford F-150
- 6 Conclusion:
1. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Price : $42,100 for two-door models, $46,000 for four-door models
The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon is a terrific choice if you’re searching for a car that can take you almost everywhere.
With its four-wheel drive system, it can traverse even the most challenging terrain and has a lot of ground clearance.
Standard features on the Rubicon include air conditioning, power windows, locks, remote keyless entry, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
Safety features include front and rear airbags, stability control, and traction control.
Plus, it’s ideal for transporting your hunting buddies because it has enough room for both luggage and people.
- The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon is a four-wheel drive SUV that is equipped with a 3.6-liter V6 engine.
- The maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds and a maximum payload capacity of 1,600 pounds.
- Standard six-speed manual transmission or an optional five-speed automatic transmission.
- It has standard front and rear Dana 44 axles.
- Four-wheel disc brakes with ABS.
- Fog lamps and LED taillights.
- Available eight-speaker Alpine audio system.
- It has an available Uconnect infotainment system with navigation.
- Forward-facing trail camera.
- The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon has an available winch-ready steel bumper
2. Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Price : $47,150 with a manual transmission and $49,855 with an automatic
The Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro is another great choice for hunters who need a vehicle that can handle tough terrain.
It has all the features you need to take on just about any adventure, including 16″ alloy wheels, all-terrain tires, and skid plates.
The Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro comes standard with a variety of safety features, including front, side, and rear airbags, electronic stability control, traction control, ABS brakes, and a rearview camera.
Plus, with its comfortable interior and spacious cargo area, it’s perfect for long days in the field.
The Tacoma TRD Pro comes with a three-year/36,000-mile basic warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty
- 16-inch TRD black alloy wheels
- 2.5-inch FOX Internal Bypass shocks
- 1.0-inch front lift
- LED fog lights
- Rigid Industries LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- LED taillights
- Projector-beam headlights
- TRD Pro cat-back exhaust
- Variable Valve Timing-intelligent
3. Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Price : Starts from $34,600
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is an excellent choice if you’re searching for a hunting vehicle with lots of cargo room.
The Silverado 1500 is powered by a choice of four different engines: a 4.3-liter V6, a 5.3-liter V8, a 6.2-liter V8, or a 6.6-liter turbodiesel V8.
Its spacious bed makes it ideal for transporting equipment, and its optional 8″ touch-screen monitor makes staying connected simply even when you’re out of sight of civilization.
It also has strong engine options and a four-wheel drive system that is an option, so it can handle almost anything you throw at it.
The Silverado 1500 comes standard with a long list of features that include automatic headlights, daytime running lights, cruise control, and much more.
- Available in a variety of cab and bed configurations.
- The Silverado 1500 is available with two different engines: a 4.3-liter V6 or a 5.3-liter V8.
- Tow up to 12,500 pounds when properly equipped.
- The maximum payload capacity of 2,250 pounds.
- Variety of features, including heated seats, remote start, and a Bose audio system.
- Two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive configurations.
- Most Dependable Large Pickup Truck by J.D. Power in 2019.
- The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
4. GMC Sierra 1500
Price : Starts from $35,400
The GMC Sierra 1500, like the Chevrolet Silverado 1500, is a fantastic option for hunters who want a lot of cargo room.
It has a 6’6″ bed as standard and an optional 8″ touch-screen monitor, so you can stay connected even when you’re not connected to the internet.
It has a standard six-speed automatic transmission, but it can also be equipped with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
It has standard front-wheel drive, but it can also be equipped with all-wheel drive. It also has standard manual windows and locks, but it can also be equipped with power windows and locks.
Additionally, it has little issue navigating rough terrain because of its powerful engine options and selectable four-wheel drive system.
- The GMC Sierra 1500 is a full-size pickup truck that is available in a variety of configurations.
- It has a standard V8 engine with 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque.
- It has a towing capacity of up to 12,500 pounds.
- It has a payload capacity of up to 2,250 pounds.
- It has a standard six-speed automatic transmission.
- It has four-wheel drive as an available option.
- The off-road package that includes skid plates and an upgraded suspension system.
- It has an available Bose sound system.
- It has an available wireless charging pad for phones and other devices.
- It has an MSRP of $33,395
5. Ford F-150
Price : Starts from $29,640
The Ford F-150 is another excellent choice for hunters who need a lot of cargo space in their vehicles.
The F-150 is powered by a choice of four engines: a 3.3-liter V6, a 2.7-liter turbocharged V6, a 5.0-liter V8, or a 3.5-liter turbocharged V6.
Its bed measures 6’5″, so there’s plenty of room to haul gear and equipment.
The F-150 comes standard with features such as automatic headlights, LED daytime running lights, and power windows and locks.
Optional features for the F-150 include heated and cooled front seats, navigation, and a moonroof.
Plus, with its available SYNC 3 infotainment system and optional four-wheel drive system, it has everything you need to stay connected and get where you’re going—no matter what kind of terrain you encounter along the way.
- The Ford F-150 is a full-size pickup truck that is available in a variety of different configurations.
- It has a standard V6 engine that is capable of towing up to 7,700 pounds.
- It has a maximum payload capacity of 2,270 pounds.
- It has a maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds.
- It is available in both rear-wheel and four-wheel drive versions.
- It has a six-speed automatic transmission.
- It has an advanced traction control system.
- It has an integrated trailer brake controller.
- It has an available ProTrail Backup Assist system.
- It has an available tailgate step with an assist handle
If you’re in the market for a new hunting vehicle, any one of the five vehicles on this list would make an excellent choice. Whether you’re looking for something that can tackle tough terrain or just need something with plenty of space for gear and equipment, there’s sure to be an option on this list that’s perfect for your needs. So whatever your budget or preferences may be, don’t hesitate to give one of these vehicles a try—you won’t be disappointed!